email@example.com or txt 410 322 – 3467
Instructor / Camp Coach / Staff
- Fallston High School
- Harford Community College
- University of North Carolina Greensboro
- 2013: Appeared in 20 games and led the team with 49 strikeouts… finished with 55 innings pitched, started in 10 games and had 2 saves out of the bullpen. Taylor finished
his NCAA career with 15 wins, 4 saves, 216 innings pitched, 54 games, 205 Strikeouts, 1.59 WHIP, and a Career NCAA Batting Average of .431. Taylor Graduated from UNCG.
- 2012: Appeared in 17 games and made nine starts … finished the season with a 2.27 ERA and a 5-2 record … Threw 59 innings and tied for the team lead with 47 strikeouts … struck out nine batters in two consecutive starts against Penn State (2/25) and Radford (3/3) … earned a victory in both of those contests … picked up his third win of the season vs. Presbyterian (4/7), scattering three hits and striking out four in six innings as the Spartans won 4-1 … recorded a four-inning save in the last series of the season against College of Charleston (5/18), posting four strikeouts without a walk … hurled a season-best 91 pitches vs. Radford (3/3) … tallied multiple strikeouts in all but three of his appearances. Taylor was also named Cal Ripken Collegiate League ALL LEAGUE FIRST TEAM and was named the Leagues “Most Outstanding Pitcher MVP. Taylor led the League with six wins and a 2.75 ERA for the champion Redbirds. The lefty won his first three starts of the season before suffering his only defeat of the year on June 24. In his second start, a 6-2 win over the DC Grays on June 11, Taylor allowed just one unearned run on three hits and no walks over six innings while striking out eight batters, a season-high that he matched on July 7 against Youse’s Orioles. After his lone loss, Taylor won back-to-back starts, going six innings in both and allowing just one run in each while striking out a combined 12 batters compared to three walks. He finished the season by winning his final two starts, including one in the League Championship Series against the eventual runner-up Bethesda Big Train. In that game, he shut out the Big Train for seven innings as he scattered two hits and five walks while striking out three. Taylor finished the regular season with 51 strikeouts (tied for third most in the League) in 49 innings. He walked just 15 batters and allowed 38 hits, and opponents hit just .215 off of him in 2012.
- Prior to UNCG: Played two season at Hartford Community College for coach Tom Eller in Bel Air, Md. … earned First-Team All-Region XX honors after his sophomore season … went 9-2 with a 3.36 ERA his second year … set the school record with 92 strikeouts as a sophomore … earned second-team All-MDJUCO honors as a sophomore … set the all-time record for strikeouts (115) and the season leader for wins (9) … High School: Earned one varsity letter at Fallston High School in Fallston, Md. for coach Joe Connelly … led the state in saves as a senior with six … helped lead his team to the state finals his senior season … made athletic directors honor roll.
- Cheaspeake Bay Hawks Baseball
- Cal Ripken Collegiate League Baltimore Redbirds / Stats
- 2012 Cal Ripken Collegiate League Most Outstanding Pitcher MVP
- 2012 CRCL League Leader in Wins (7) and ERA (2.76)
- New England Collegiate Baseball League Laconia Muskrats
- Ranked #11 Cal Ripken Collegiate League / Perfect Game Top Prospect 2012
Taylor set multiple Maryland High School, MDJUCO, and Ripken Collegiate League records as well as being a starting D1 pitcher at UNCG. Taylor graduated from UNCG with a 4 year degree and joins the staff at Harford Sports. Corey has also founded his new business along with partner Minnesota Twins Alex Robinson called Team 44. Team 44 is an Arm Care and Velocity Program designed to keep pitchers arms healthy.
Limited time offer until 9/13 10 lessons for $299