NOTE: This is NOT a Harford Sports Event. This is a Hickory Fountain Green Rec Council Event. Harford Sports is just the location. We are just advertising the League for them. Details are below and when you click to register it will take you to HFGREC.com. Their rules apply to this event which be found on their website. Harford Sports credits are not eligible to be applied to this event.
SUMMER “SCHOOL” SOCCER
Registration is OPEN
Space is limited so please register today as we anticipate this will fill up
- 6 Week Program (1 game a week – just games)
- Teams are based on your grade and where you go to SCHOOL
- Pre K, K, 1st and 2nd grade will typically play on Monday and Friday
3rd, 4th and 5th grade will typically play on Tuesday or Thursday
6th, 7th and 8th will typically play on Monday or Friday
High School will typically play on Wednesday or Friday
- All games will be in the evening during the week and at the Hickory Activity Center or Harford Sports (older kids etc)
- Program will begin just after July 4th and run until mid-August
- All players will receiver a league shirt
2021-2022 Registration OPEN SEPTEMBER 15, 2021
Clicking on the link above to go to the new registration system.
PLEASE NOTE: The new registration website that will require you to create a login account on the first use.
** NOTE: Is it possible that the information below could change prior to registration opening
Space in all age groups is limited & teams are filled on a first-come basis. Once an age group is filled, players will be placed on a wait list. There is no charge to be placed on the wait list.
NOTE: This is a Rec League held by Hickory Fountain Green Recreation Council, Rules, Schedules, Referees, outcomes are not associated with Harford Sports. We are only the venue that the Rec Council uses in it’s older age groups. Please direct ALL league questions to the address located at the bottom of this advertisement.
- $65 per child for age groups 5-6 through 11-12
- $95 per child for age groups 13-14 and 15-17
- Family discount: first 2 children in family pay regular price; additional children receive a $20 discount
- Children must be registered at the same time in order for the discount to be applied in the registration system
- Individual sign-ups only; no team sign-ups.
Financial Hardship Concerns? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss possible options.
The age determination date is August 1st for all age groups except the 5-6 Co-ed. For 5-6 Co-ed, a child must be 5 years old by December 1, 2019. No exceptions.
|5-6 Co-ed||7-8 Boys||9-10 Boys||11-12 Boys||13-14 Boys||15-17 Boys|
|7-8 Girls||9-10 Girls||11-12 Girls||13-14 Girls||15-17 Girls|
Parents may choose to play their child 1 age group up. For example, if a child is 8 on August 1st and thus qualifies to play in the 7-8 age group, the parents can choose instead to play the child in the 9-10 age group.
The 5-6 Co-ed age group is more clinic oriented. Each session is split between practice time and game time. For children who have played this format previously and are ready for a full game, parents may choose the 7-8 age group. Just remember the size difference between a 6 year old and an 8 year old. Once you have selected an age group, you can move your child to another age group only if there is space available.
Time and Place
The program will begin in late November/early December and will run through mid-March 2020 (Dates are dependent on age group). All games for the 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, and 11-12 age groups are played at the Forest Hill/Hickory Activities Center on Commerce Road in Forest Hill, MD. Games for the 13-14 and 15-17 age groups are played at the Harford Sports Performance Center at 121 Industry Lane in Forest Hill, MD.
Each age group meets only 1 day a week. There is no practice day and game day like outdoor soccer. Generally, the first 3 weeks of the season are practice sessions. After that, the regular season games begin. No standings are kept. There will also be an end-of-season tournament for all age groups except the 5-6 Co-ed. The tournament is based on a random draw match-up.
Preliminarily, the different age groups will play as follows:
- The 5-6 teams will play on Sunday afternoon (Saturday is possible as an overflow day).
- The 7-8 and 9-10 teams will play on Thursday or Friday evenings, or Saturday . This will follow a rotating schedule as has been done in the past*.
- The 11-12 Boys teams will play on Monday evenings.
- The 11-12 Girls teams will play on Tuesday evenings.
- The 13-14 teams will play on Monday or Thursday evenings.
- The 15-17 teams will play on Friday evenings.
These days are subject to change based upon registration response and field availability.
* An example of the rotating schedule could be: Week 1 on Thursday, Week 2 on Friday, Week 3 on Saturday morning, Week 4 on Saturday afternoon, Week 5 on Saturday night, Week 6 would return to Thursday night. This rotation will depend on the number of teams in each age group.
All players will need shin guards, soccer socks to cover the shin guards, soccer ball, sneakers or an indoor soccer shoe (no shoes with spikes/cleats), and water for each session.
Ages 5-6 # 3 ball
Ages 7-8, 9-10 # 4 ball
Ages 11-12, 13-14, 15-17 # 5 ball
Our program is made possible by our outstanding volunteers. Interested in joining? Coaches and Assistant Coaches are needed. Just register as a volunteer for the program. All coaches and assistant coaches are subject to a rec council background check.
Like us on Facebook for program updates and inclement weather cancellations.