Here is the Story.
- 2000 – Coach Danny Taylor built a single batting cage in his back yard to train and coach his kids and their teams. As each athlete started to improve as hitters, the word spread and more athletes came to train in the backyard batting cage.
- 2006 – Coach Taylor moved his operation to the Sandlot Baseball Academy, located at 98 Industry Lane, where he continued to train swing mechanics and expanded to catching, fielding, and pitching. After four years working with teams and athletes, Coach Taylor was informed the Sandlot was closing on June 1, 2010
- June 3, 2010 – Coach Taylor purchased the Sandlot and changed the name to Harford Sports. Harford Sports Performance Center quickly became the talk of town, packing the field and cages with young athletes and making a difference in Harford County.
- June of 2011 – Harford Sports began to search for a larger facility to accommodate the rapidly increasing amount of athletes. Property owner Richard Foard teamed up with Harford Sports.
- August 2011 – Harford Sports relocated to a temporary location at 125A Industry Lane as construction started on a brand new building at 121 Industry Lane Forest Hill, Maryland.
- December 1, 2012 – The new Harford Sports Performance Center opened with an indoor turf field, weight room, batting cages, pitching tunnels, and meeting rooms. The temporary facility at 125A was then emptied and remodeled to make the Team Training Annex.
- January 16, 2013 – Harford Sports Performance signs a deal with MedStar Health Sports Medicine and JDYER Strength and Conditioning.
- 2017 – Coach Taylor and property owner Richard Foard are now looking forward to their next project in Harford County; An Outdoor Field Complex.
Harford Sports offers training space for local teams to practice and prepare for their upcoming seasons, or to stay sharp and train for the next game. Whether you’re a baseball, softball, soccer, lacrosse, field hockey, football, cheerleading, track and field or just about any other type of athlete, we will have something for you. Take a few swings in our batting cages, play lacrosse wall ball, complete soccer drills, use our indoor turf field, train with our med balls, agility equipment, and full weight room to get bigger, stronger, and faster.
Harford Sport training staff features coaches from local high schools, current and former NCAA D1 players, as well as current and former professional baseball players. Our athletes show measurable improvements by increasing pitching speeds, exit velocity, strength and agility, and by improving mechanics, speed, quickness to become multi-tool players, while balancing academics and maintaining good grades.
The Annex building is a wide open, 8,000-square-foot facility with turf and nets.
Totaling 36,000 sq. ft of indoor space, our two facilities are located in the Forest Hill Industrial Air-park. The main building is located at 121 Industry Lane and the Team Training Annex is located at 125A Industry Lane. Take a look around the website; email, stop by or give us a call if you need more information Click Here for Directions >.
- BOYS LACROSSE
- GIRLS LACROSSE
- BOX LACROSSE
- OVER 30 LACROSSE
- STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING
- NEWLY ADDED BASKETBALL TRAINING
- PRIVATE TRAINING